January 5

The past few days, the sky changed its color to white as evenly-spread clouds cover the usually blue one. Clouds cover the sky in a way that you won’t bother thinking there’s the blue beneath it. And at cloudy times like this, when you won’t even notice that the sun had already risen, the best thing to do is to lie in bed and enjoy the comfort of your warm blanket.

But as much as I’d love to do just that, that’s not what I did. Instead, I woke up at past 4 am, willing myself to get my behind out of my bed. It’s January 5 and I’m forced to work again after the two-week Christmas break. It’s not that I don’t like my work. I’m very thankful for it, in fact. It’s just that if it’s my choice, I won’t work. Lazy bum, aren’t I?

I’d travel instead. With my family, boyfriend, friends, or just by myself. There’s just more to life than this computer-clad office with tons of paper work and write-ups to do. I sound whiny now, don’t I? Okay, I like my boss, our secretary, and the people that I work with. It’s just that most of the time, I’m in front of this ever so slow pc not knowing exactly what to do whereas if I’m traveling, I’d get to do and learn so many things that my work can’t teach me. I’d get the chance to meet more people and see more of the world outside this ‘academician-filled’ university. I’d get to meet more missionaries, celebrities, or just those people who pretend they’re ordinary but do extraordinary stuff.

For now though, I have no choice but to work hard and beyond what most people expect of me and hopefully, save enough from my salary (which also means changing my lifestyle :D). I just can’t wait for that time that I don’t have to work for anybody anymore I just can’t wait for that time that I’d get to do what I totally, extremely, and absolutely love.


0 couldn't resist blurting something out
Got naked on Thursday, February 19, 2009
9:04 PM